Thursday, October 24, 2013

Part 1 Blessings and Hope: Who is in your circle?


Proverbs 18:24

The Message (MSG)
Friends come and friends go
but a true friend sticks by you like family.

Do you have a friend that you've had since kindergarten? Middle school, high school, or college? What about friends of friends or the parents of your children's friends? Friends from church or work?  Or "friends" from social media? 

Social media and television have taken the word friend and turned it into something it's NOT. Do you Agree?  As a child, I was always outgoing and never really had a problem being friendly. This has carried over into my adult life. So, not much has changed there. But what really has changed; for me, is what I consider a friend to be.  

After I rediscovered the love of Christ and found out what my spiritual gifts were; to listen and to encourage. I found out quickly what it means to be a real friend. Between 1994 and 1998. I had a major set back-a failed marriage and material loss. When there was no more money to lend, designer hand-me-ups to give away,  and no more free dinners; my circle began to shrink. From dozens  to a hand full. 

Now that I'm on a different path, my circle is small and tight. Not because I've turned into what many call "self righteous or stuck up"; but because God has saved me and I refuse to be bound by religious people and their opinions.  

Who is in your circle? Do they bless you and give you hope? Are you uplifted after you talk to them? Are the people that you consider to be friends honest with you? Can you be honest with them? Can they be trusted to not tell their BFF all of your business? Think about it...

Is there anything I can agree with you in prayer about today?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.